Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Thought

I told this story to a few parents during PTC and I thought I'd share with my Bloggers. Thinking back to when my sons were younger, this story saved them from me losing my temper many times. It's a story that was told to me by a very good friend, Daryl Walker, who has since passed away. Hopefully you'll think of this the next time one of your kids does something that raises your blood pressure.

As the story goes, Daryl was outside with his dad and his young son who was probably around twelve at the time. The young son was hooking up a snowmobile trailer to Daryl's truck. The son's mind wandered (as happens with most young males), the trailer got away from him and busted out the tail light of the truck. Just as Daryl was about to say/do something, his dad put his hand on his shoulder and said "Your grampa want through it, I went through it and now you get to go through it".

As we get ready for Thanksgiving, it's easy to get wrapped up in some of the small bumps in the road instead of seeing how lucky we are.

Enjoy this time with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment