Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Short Term Goals

I don't know about you, but most of us when we are faced with what seems like an overwhelming task we either get depressed or just give up. This applies to just about everything. Clean your house, garage, basement (you should of seen my basement last week....I thought an episode of "Hoarders" was going to be filmed down there), lose some weight, get in shape or, at school, get those assignments turned in. What I'll be stressing to our students is to focus on short term goals. Don't worry about getting every assignment turned in from now until June, just focus on from today until Winter Break. Very, very doable. We have a little over two weeks until Winter Break. You can do anything for that short amount of time...including getting all of your assignments turned in. If it wasn't for short term goals (one bag to Goodwill, one bag of trash, then repeat) I never would of gotten my basement clean. Please take a minute and have this talk with our kids. It's a great way to attack most jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment