Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Police Invitation

Police!!!!!!! OH NO........the last time the police were here, rumors spread faster than kids coming down the stairs at Christmas (thank you very much Facebook...BTW all the rumors were false and I'm still being asked about it). Anyway, just a heads up that if everything goes as planned, I hope that we'll have some police in the building a couple of times a month. This is an idea that I’ve had for awhile. Back when I was at MCHS (about a 1000 years ago), we had a liaison officer. It was great that the kids got to see officers as people and find out they were approachable. I’m inviting police officers to stop in, maybe a couple of times a month to have lunch with our kids. It would give them a chance to mingle a little as they sit down with our students to have lunch. I see this as a win/win for all involved.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop (trying to keep the rumors under control)

No comments:

Post a Comment