Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhhhh....Rumors....

So.....late yesterday afternoon I'm talking to a staff member, which I do a lot (it's part of my job) and at the end of the conversation she starts to laugh and I ask what's up. She tells me that at the end of lunch a student comes up to her and asks if she's ok. She says that she's fine and asks why? The student tells her that he had heard that she was stabbed with a pair of scissors. She reassures the the student that she hadn't been...ya da ya da...where did he hear this...ya da ya da... this is a good example of a rumor and how they can spread...ya da ya da. Anyway, I really didn't think much of it until this morning when my wife tells me that she got a text from a parent of a SCMS student wanting to know about the stabbing at SCMS. I didn't hear about this until this morning because my oldest son took me and my other two sons to the Wings game last night, which was awesome....but that's a whole different story. Here's the short version and purpose of this posting. No stabbing or attempted stabbing, only a lesson in how rumors can take on a life of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment