Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Petitions...Need Some Help

Here’s a newsflash….teachers, principals, bus drivers, school staff members are all human. I know, I know…that takes a little time to sink in. Sometimes we are misunderstood and sometimes we even make mistakes (sometimes we make a lot of mistakes…..of course; I’m speaking of the principal). More times than not, it’s a matter of miscommunication. The reason I bring this up is a couple of times already this year we’ve had students start up petitions for staff members to lose their jobs. I’ll be talking to our students today at lunch to let them know that if they have an issue with a staff member there is a process/proper procedure to follow. Starting a petition is not the way. They can, and should, talk to their parents, talk to a counselor or talk to me (the principal). A petition really doesn’t solve anything and really is more harassing than anything else. Please take a minute to talk to your child about this. As always, if you have any problems or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact any of our staff members or myself.

On a side note....if a petition was started for me to lose my job every time I told a student to get to work, quite down, stop running, take your hat off, keep your hands to yourself, or just gave a student "that look", I could insulate my house with all the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment