Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Car Etiquette

Great night last night for Halloween. Had a ton of kids stop by the house, some current students, some former students and a bunch of future students. It's always funny to see the reaction to some when they see me on the porch handing out candy. For many, it's a look of shock....it's almost like they don't expect to see me living in a real house, that they thought I slept at the school. Anyway...the reason for this post. Last night my oldest son, who was taking around his two little ones around, comes back to the house and asks me if I have bail money. Bail money? Sure...I guess...why? Then he says, "If one more punk kid drives by us doing 35 in the subdivision, I'm going to pull them out of the car and beat the tar out of them". Of course he was half joking (I think...). Here's where you can help. I still remember my dad telling me that I would never be as smart as when I'm 18...once I turn 18 I get a little dumber every day until I get to be his age. I think every parent of a teenager can relate. Parents are just not very bright...if you didn't know that, just ask your teenage child. Even though it might be too late for 16 and 17 year olds to absorb any more knowledge, start planting the seed with 11, 12 and 13 year olds about the importance of watching out for younger kids, being responsible, respect, etc... I'd hate to have of them pulled out of their car to be taught a lesson by someone on the dumber side of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment