Thursday, October 28, 2010

There's a Bear in My Pool

Over the years I've had a number of angry parents contact me for one reason or another. Sometimes it's because I've messed something up and when that's the case, I apologize and make it right. More times than not, once the dust settles, everyone realizes that it had something to do with misinformation. The reason I bring this up is I just had a situation where the parent told me what I had said.....and the reason they knew what I said is because another child had told them what I said. Here's some breaking news.....middle school kids don't always say what really happened. It's not necessarily a lie, but sometimes they just draw conclusions, or hear part of something and then just fill in the blanks. Just because your son/daughter tells you something doesn't mean it's fact. I remember one time my son said he saw a bear in our backyard by our swimming pool. I love my son but I didn't totally believe him. I guess what I'm asking is, if you ever hear anything that is upsetting, please come talk to me with an open mind and we will figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment