Friday, October 2, 2009

The problem with e-mail

For those of us that use e-mail constantly, you already know what I'm about to say...and more than likely this has happened to you. E-mail is a great, quick way to communicate...but...and here's the problem with e-mail.....it is so, so, so easy to read tone into an e-mail. When sending or receiving an e-mail to school (or anywhere else for that matter), you've got to fight the urge to read anything into the e-mail. E-mails are great but it will never replace talking to someone. I know when I get an e-mail that has words capitalized and bold, I always feel like the person is YELLING AT ME through the e-mail. I'm a fairly smart guy and usually don't skip words as I read so there is really no need to bold anything. If you are ever in doubt when you receive an e-mail, assume the best and pick up the phone to clear up any misunderstanding.
Life is good.....enjoy the wet weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment