Thursday, October 22, 2009

MEAP is Done and We're Moving Forward

It's a sad day. MEAP is over (with the exception of a few make-ups). It's now time to refocus, roll up the sleeves and get to work. I'm a big believer in short term goals. The students are going to start to get a heavy dose of me talking about setting some short term goals. As everyone knows, we have a No-Zero policy. To talk to the kids about completing every assignment in every class every day until the end of the year would fall on deaf ears. But if we set a short term goal to have in every assignment until Parent Teacher Conferences (one month) that becomes very attainable. The message I'm going to try to send is that anyone can achieve anything if they break it into do-able parts. When I was training for my marathon, if I would of thought about running 26.2 miles I never would of made it. But I knew I could run one mile and that is what I focused on (short term goal). After that mile, I'd set another short term goal...and so on, and so on.... Any help at home in stressing short term goals will help in the long run (get it ... marathon .... long run...). Enjoy the Fall days...it won't be long until we're shoveling the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment