Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday's Thoughts

What a GREAT Sunday. The weather was great, got to get some stuff done around the house, mowed the grass for probably the next to the last time, went for a bike ride on the new bike path between Brown Street and SCMS and the Lions didn't lose. Coming off weekends like that, I always feel energized. When I get in one of these moods, I start making lists and setting goals. At the top of my list is to clean off my desk, get the Washington DC "stuff" organized for next year (more to come on that soon), start working out and to focus in on our No Zero policy. The way I see it, we have three very manageable chunks of time before the end of the semester. From now until Thanksgiving, from Thanksgiving until Winter Break and from Winter Break until the end of the semester (end of January). My goal is to get the kids to focus on each chunk of time as a short term goal and to break those short term goals into even shorter goals. Lets get every assignment completed and turned in on time this week. Very do-able. This is the time of year that I turn into a cheerleader. We can do it. When you have what seems like your 7 minutes of family time, talking about setting short term goals is a great conversation starter. Cleaning under their bed, picking up after themselves, helping to put away the lawn furniture and getting organized at school are all goals that will help shape them for the future. I know my wife wished the picking up after myself was stressed more when I was younger.....

No comments:

Post a Comment