Thursday, October 8, 2009

Need a Laugh?

This weekend I took the soft top off my Jeep and put the hard top on. Monday on my way to Speedy Q to get my morning caffeine I couldn't open up the drivers door from the inside (???) I had to roll down the window, reach outside and open the door. I get to school, call the repair place down the road and they tell me to being it on over. I go out to drive it over and I can't unlock the drivers side or the passenger side door. If the soft top was on I'd just pop off one of the sides and hop in, but with the hard top, it's a tad tougher. So I swung the spare tire out that sits on the back, open up the hatch, look around to make sure no one was watching and climbed in through the back. Being 6'7" made it tough, being 6'7", 50 years old and with a shirt and tie made it a feat that an ordinary man would of given up on. I had legs and arms in all different directions. I honestly got to a point with my lack of flexibility that I didn't think I could get any farther in the Jeep and I couldn't move backwards to get out. A 51 year old never would of made it. Once in the drivers seat, and feeling pretty proud of myself, I realized that the back hatch was open and the spare tire was still swung out which makes it impossible to drive. I tried to open the doors from the inside to take care of it and neither door would open. At this time I started using a vocabulary that would of made my dad proud and forced the passenger door open. To make a long story short (too late) once I got the Jeep to the fix-it-guy, he tells me that the hard top put pressure on some plastic door lock piece on the inside of the door and they broke. The parts are on order and he's going to try to re-align the doors so it doesn't happen again. If anyone had a been driving by with a video camera and saw me, I'm sure I'd be a You-Tube legend by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment