Friday, October 30, 2009

Another H1N1 Blog

I'll be sooooo happy when the flu season is over.....

We are sending home the permission slips today for the free H1N1 shots that will be given on November 3rd at SCMS. In a nutshell for those that don't want to read the other 25 blogs that I've posted regarding the H1N1, the St. Clair County Health Department will be giving free H1N1 shots on November 3rd from 1:30(ish) to 8:00 at SCMS. From 1:30 until 4:00 it's only for SCMS students. After 4:00 it is open to the community (and it's still free). We need a permission form filled out (front and back) for your child to receive the shot. It is not mandatory that they get the shot and it is perfectly OK to wait until they get home and bring them back to school so you are there when they receive the shot. Students can bring the completed forms and turn them in to our office Monday or Tuesday. Knowing how kids are...I'm going to state the obvious....even though you sign the form, we can not and will not force a child to get the shot (I know, I know...that was obvious. But I do see situations where a student will get up to the front of the line and decide they don't want the shot). Any questions don't hesitate to give me a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment