Wednesday, May 16, 2012

SCMS PTO

WHAT???? I bet those three letters, PTO, is just what our future SCMS parents wanted to hear. The plan is get a PTO started here at SCMS for next year. Now, before you push the panic button (I thought once we left the elementary we were done with PTO's????), here's my thought. If you're a current parent you know that we have a very active parent group. We have parents that help with selling snack, with making copies, with selling items in our book store, with putting together our welcome back packets, helping with our Washington DC fundraisers, being involved with our anti-bullying program, etc. My thought is that we could combine/organize all of these efforts and run it out on a single group....a PTO. Meetings would be few and held to a time limit. Fundraising (which every parent loves) wouldn't change from what we are already doing. More info will follow as I put this together for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment