Thursday, August 18, 2011

District Academic Honors

I hesitate to even post this. I've seen over the years many kids that put waaaaaay too much pressure on themselves at an early age when it comes to grades. My philosophy in school, and at home with my sons, has always been to do your best. If a B- is your best, that's GREAT, but on the other hand, if you were a slacker and got an A- then you shouldn't be happy (because I'm not and I didn't keep it a secret that I wasn't happy). Where this rambling is headed is every year our District hosts an Awards Night for grades 6 - 12. The criteria for a middle school student to be invited to attend is all A's on his/her report card for the first three marking periods (no A minuses). Setting high goals is something every parent and child should do. The District Awards Night is a nice night, but not making it isn't the end of the world as long as everyone is trying and doing their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment