Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One Month Down

Wow...one month already in our rear view mirror and it was a GREAT first month. Looking back at some of the changes we made and things we accomplished in this first month makes me feel pretty good about where we are....actually, I feel great about were we are, I'm just thrilled that with everything going on that I didn't mess things up. Here's a partial list of some of the tings we had going on the first month of school:

Saints Day...huge change that allowed out school to get off to a great start.
New Responsibility Program being piloted in the 6th grade
Washington DC trip for our 8th graders
Open House
School wide Magazine Sale
Got our very successful Anti-Bullying Committee back up and running
Preparing for the MEAP
Instituted a SSR/IT block of time
Smartboards in every classroom (wow...that's a biggie) Hats off to the staff, we are really taking off with this new technology.

All in all...I think I've said this already....we've been dealt a great hand this year with the students at SCMS. Looking forward to Month #2

No comments:

Post a Comment