Monday, October 17, 2011

Driver Ed 101

Another non-school related topic. Ever try to do the right thing and have it make things worse? I was out and about this weekend on the expressway in the right hand lane when a truck was merging onto the expressway. I went to move over, checked my blind spot, saw a car was there and ended up having to put on my brakes and swerving a bit to let the truck in. Being an ex-drivers ed teacher, I know I should of slowed down or switched lanes before the last minute and then this would of been a non-issue. Knowing that, I caught up to the truck, pulled along side, made eye contact, pointed at myself and mouthed "Sorry...My Fault". The driver of the truck proceeded to give me a number of hand gestures and used language directed at me that would make a sailor blush. Again...I just pointed at myself and tried to mouth "MY FAULT"....which I think just made him madder. If you happen to hear an uncle or grampa, or brother or neighbor talking about someone on the expressway that wouldn't let them in and how angry he was, pass on my apology. Life's too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment