Thursday, November 21, 2013

Texting and E-Mail Etiquette

Now that technology is the main mode for communication, I think we need a class that addresses texting and e-mail etiquette. On average I probably exchange e-mails/texts with 50 to 60 people a day. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much but it really bugs me when I get texts/e-mails with certain words in all caps or bolded. Do they think I'm STUPID and wouldn't understand what they are trying to say if they didn't yell at me in the text/e-mail? And what's up with multiple question marks?????????? Does that mean that the question is really confusing????????? I completely understand how easy it is to read tone into e-mails and texts, but when all caps, bolding and multiple question marks are used, it’s takes a lot of the guesswork out of it. I sent this out to staff and hopefully it will become a topic of conversation in our classes. I wonder if Einstein used multiple question marks?

No comments:

Post a Comment