Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HELP!!!!!!

It's getting warmer and that only means one thing at the Middle School. Dress Code Headaches. I had my 7th and 8th graders all stand up and face me during lunch today (I was called out during 6th grade lunch so they didn't get a chance to do this). While standing up, I asked them all to reach their arms straight down. They were told if they could touch skin, then their shorts/skirts were too short. As soon as we did this a handful of girls started pulling their skirts/shorts down so that they were at finger tip length. I let them sit down then went on to mention the other "biggies", low cut tops, tank tops, open toe sandals (without socks), etc. I then explained to them that I hate being the Dress Code Police. Please, Please, Please help me out. There are many outfits that look great for going out to dinner, to family gatherings and to church but don't fit our school dress code. If in doubt, please don't wear it to school. Mom and Dad....help in this area is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment