Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SCMS PTO

I can almost hear it now..."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I thought we were done with PTO's when we left elementary school. Please say it aint so". Relax, take a deep breath, it won't be that bad. Here's my thought. We have the best parents in the county and probably in the state. Whenever we need anything, you (you being the parents) have always stepped up to help out. We have parents that help with snack, with the student book store, the magazine sale, the book sale during PTC, our Anti-Bullying....the list goes on and on. By creating a PTO it'll allow us to combine our efforts, become more focused and organized. My goal is by creating a SCMS PTO it'll also allow us to provide more "extras" for our kids. My thought is that we'd have a few organizational meetings to get organized (hence the term organizational meeting) then we'd meet quarterly realizing that everyone is busy and no one is looking for one more meeting to attend. I'm going to have a signup sheet out during our Saints Day for any names of parents that are interested. If you can't make it to Saints Day and you're interested in being involved, shoot me an e-mail. I'll put more info on our first organizational meeting, date and time, on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment