Monday, June 11, 2012

An 8th Grader's Perspective

Funny story. I was walking through the cafeteria last week when I noticed a handful of raisins on a table that had a group of 8th grade girls sitting at it. I overheard one of the girls say “I hate these…they are for old people!!”. My immediate reply was, “Hey…watch it with the old people reference”. They laughed and the one said “When I said old I meant like over 50”. So I asked her “well, how old do you think I am?” She said “45…ha ha ha ha ….just kidding….probably…40 or 42” This opened up the whole table to guessing my age that ranged from 38 to 44. Then one of the gals who came full circle back to the raisins, “I know my Grandma likes raisins and she’s 52”. I laughed and let them know that I was older than her Grandma (but I still didn’t like raisins). I’m going to miss this group of 8th graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment