Friday, December 16, 2011

The Joys of Getting Old

If you're looking for a SCMS post, no need to read any further. If you want to know what life has in store for you in a few years, keep reading.

All of us, male or female, are going to get to a point in our lives when we realize that our kids have passed us physically. Some of us (mostly the tall blog writing types) will hold on to the illusion that they can still run with the young bucks and do the things that they did when they were that age. I think my boys have realized that they have passed me and are attempting to try to keep their dad young. With that in mind, my three sons have come up with a weekly challenge. Here is the e-mail I got yesterday:

Feat of strength for this week: Rounds of Push ups

Here’s how a round works: For every additional minute you go, you have to do that number of push ups (i.e. the first minute, you do 1 push up, the second minute you do 2 push ups and so on.) The catch is you have to FINISH the number of push ups within that 60 second round. Knees hit the ground, it’s over. You can’t break them up.

Lets say you’re in minute 15. You would have to do 15 push ups. Any time you have left within that 60 seconds is just rest time. You don’t have to start doing push ups again right when the 16th minute begins, but you have to get all 16 in within that minute. You can wait until halfway though the 16th minute to start the set of pushups, but if the 60 seconds elapse before you get the 16th in, it’s over.


Sooooo...here's my dilemma. Do I give this a try, post my score to my boys which I'm sure would make me a distant 4th place.....or..... Do I just wait for them to post their scores, then make up a number? I think I'll give it a try (then make up a number) Feel free to give this a try. (don't let me be the only one that's so sore I can't lift my arms)

No comments:

Post a Comment