Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let the Mid-Winter Slide Begin

You know what I hate most about this time of year? Not the cold weather, not the ice on my driveway, not even the lack of daylight....what I hate most is this is the time of year that students start to slide with their grades/assignments. I'm no different when it comes to the "slide" except that I've been through it enough to realize when I start to fall into the "slide". It happens partly because of the time of year, partly because they've settled into a routine and partly because of the light at the end of the tunnel seems pretty dim. This is the time of year that we all have to slip into a bit of a cheerleading mode to get the kids focused. Please help us keep the kids on track and motivated. Keep preaching short term goals. We can do this but just like every year, it'll take a team effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment