Thursday, September 23, 2010

Doing Nothing.....?????

You ever hear something that you just can't let go? Last night I heard from my wife that heard from someone, that heard from someone, that over heard some parents talking that the bullying at SCMS is out of control and nothing is being done. Really? Out of control? Nothing is being done? Really? Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the ones that need to hear what I'm about to say are not the ones that are reading this Blog. Here are some facts. Bullying and putdowns have been a part of this age student since the stone age. That does not make it right. Let me repeat that....because it's happened in the past, doesn't make it right. I HATE bullies. I deal with teasing on an hourly/daily basis. Most are very minor things, but we are constantly reminding kids of how to act and behave. On some of what we consider more serious, when our student code of conduct comes into play, we don't consult the parent of the student that is being bullied when we hand down the discipline nor do we discuss the discipline with anyone but that student and that student's parent. To say nothing is being done is an absolute lie (can you tell that someone has hit a nerve with me?). I work exxxxxxtremely hard at this part of my job and take pride in our school and our kids. When I hear comments like that are out there it does no one any good. If you have an issue, please, please, please call me or stop in....I'm a pretty nice guy and easy to talk to. You might not agree with how we handle things but I assure you we are not looking the other way and we are working very hard in this area. If anyone brings this up to you, please ask them to stop in and see me.

I feel better...........

No comments:

Post a Comment