Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Disturbing News

Received an e-mail from a SCMS parent last night that let me know that they saw a few SCMS students climb over the rail on the boardwalk and were standing on the ice flow. The parent, besides e-mailing me, also contacted the police. I spoke with all the classes during lunch and made an announcement at the end of the day to try to put into words what a poor decision this behavior is. Please take this as an opportunity to have a discussion on ideas/behaviors that could go terribly wrong. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that this makes me sick to even think about how something like this could turn out. Please don't take the chance by not talking to your child, thinking that they would never do something like this. It's not worth the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment