Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nope....it wasn't me

This has nothing to do with school, so if you're looking for valuable information you can stop reading now. This is to clear up a common myth and a few rumors that I hear all the time. As some of you know, I have taken up snowboarding. No, I'm not very bright...lets get that out of the way. I started this journey two years ago in an attempt to stay young...plus two of my sons were doing it and we wanted to be a part of their weekends. Since I started down this path, I have had my shoulder operated on twice (rotator cuff) and my knee once. Neither had anything to do with snowboarding. Both had to do with once being athletic and the wear and tear that comes with years of activity. Actually, I'm awesome on a snowboard...ok, maybe not awesome but pretty good....ok, pretty adequate...anyway, the reason I bring this up is that every time someone asks me what I'm doing over the weekend and I say snowboarding, the reply I get is "well, don't hurt yourself again". The reason I bring this up now is that over mid-winter, my son, who is also Michael Alley, had a pretty nasty spill while going over a jump and had to be taken to the hospital. He's fine and is ready to do stupid things again, but when my wife put it on Facebook that Michael went to the hospital, everyone assumed it was me hurting myself again. Nope.....it wasn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment